Asian Style Cabbage Wraps
If you've ever ordered cabbage rolls at a restaurant, they tend to be filled with mystery meat and loads of salt and fat! Why settle for those when you can make your own? They're super easy to prepare, which gives you more reason to cook them at home and with healthier ingredients!
You'll never order cabbage wraps at a restaurant again! Cook the cabbage leaves and turkey filling in advance for an even faster meal - perfect for meal prepping!
- 1 Teaspoon Coconut Oil
- ½ Pound Organic Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 Cup Shiitake Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ½ Teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 10 Leaves Savoy Cabbage
- ½ Cup Green Onion, thinly sliced
- ½ Cup Carrots, shredded
- 1 Tablespoon Green Onion, thinly sliced for sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Liquid Aminos
- 1 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Lime Juice, plus 1 teaspoon of lime zest
- ¼ Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
Steps to Prepare
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and place the cabbage leaves inside and allow them to tenderize and become flexible for about 4 minutes. Remove them from the water immediately, place leaves onto a plate and set aside for them to cool.
- In a medium size sauté pan on medium heat, add the coconut oil and the ground turkey and cook for about 8 minutes, or until the meat has browned and there are no pink spots. When the turkey is about 2 minutes away from being cooked through, add the mushrooms, salt, and pepper and allow to cook for an additional 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and stir in the ½ C green onion and carrots.
- Add the last 7 ingredients to a small bowl, and whisk together. Adjust seasonings as desired.
- Take a cabbage leaf and add about 1 1/2-2 C of the filling in the center. Fold in the sides, and roll it up from the bottom. Place each cabbage roll onto a plate seam side down.
- Enjoy with the dipping sauce!