Black Bean Burger Patty
These quick and easy-to-make black bean patties pack a delicious punch thanks to all of the spices. Serve with your favorite veggies for a meal that will keep you full and satisfied!
- 2 Cups Cooked Black Beans, (about 2 15-oz cans), drained & rinsed
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Paprika
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Pinch Turmeric
- ½ Cup Rolled Oats
- ¼ Cup Red Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Large Carrot, grated
- 1 Flax Egg
- 2 Teaspoons Cilantro, finely chopped (optional)
Steps to Prepare
- In a large mixing bowl, mash 1 1/2 cups of black beans. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of beans.
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, cilantro (if using), and turmeric.
- Add spices to the bean mixture and mix.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, and combine well with your hands. Form into four large patties.
- Cook in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Use a dab of coconut oil if necessary.
- Once browned and starting to crisp on the bottom side, flip to cook the other side.
- Serve bun-less with a side of grilled veggies or topped with your favorites like tomato, salsa, or avocado. Enjoy!