One-Pot Turkey Chili
Flavorful and filling, this one-pot chili will easily become one of your new favorite Lean recipes!
- ½ Tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ Large Red Onion, chopped
- ½ Large Red Bell Pepper, cleaned, cored and chopped
- 1 Pound Organic Lean Ground Turkey Breast
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 15 Ounces Fire-Roasted Tomatoes
- ⅓ Cup Zucchinis, diced
- ⅓ Cup Yellow Summer Squash
- 15 Ounces Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 Ounces Chili Beans
- To Taste Sea Salt
- To Taste Pepper (black and white)
Steps to Prepare
- Heat a large pot and add olive oil.
- Sauté onions and peppers for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add ground turkey and cook thoroughly (brown separately if you'd like to drain any excess grease.)
- Add chili powder, zucchini, squash, and tomatoes and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add beans, cover and heat slowly for another 15 minutes.
- Remove lid and simmer longer if you have the time - more time allows all the flavors to absorb into the turkey.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Leftovers are even better!